Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Anticipation.... t-minus 10 minutes to launch

Today is the day folks. Rift goes live in just a few minutes, what does the future hold for this MMO over the next few days? Who knows.. During head start their was such a high demand for this game that servers have pretty much been full the entire time, and from what I've seen on my server people are really happy with the game. Trion is adding about 30 more servers worldwide today to accommodate those people who have foolishly waited for its release (or maybe we are just bigger nerds).

It is my recommendation that if you dont have a specific group of folks you currently like to play with on a specific server, then reroll on a new low pop server. I am confident they will fill up again very quick. And if this game goes where I think it will we will be seeing huge population influxes over the next 6 months as people get in, play it, and tell their friends about it.

Several friends of ours have been stubborn to try rift, or if they have they haven't yet given it a solid shot. I know its hard to look at playing a new game and investing all that time but if you haven't played it you need to give it a shot. I've also heard people use terms such as "I'm cheating" on my mmo, which I find hilarious. But when you have spent the last 4 years playing a particular game I can see where it would sort of feel like that. I predict that in the next 3-6 months you will see many of those sitting on the fence will be coming over to Telara and checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment